Comprehensive, Real-Time Data in an Easy-to-Digest Format
Ranku collects data on the behavior and preferences of visitors as they explore the Degree Marketplace. It presents this data in an easy-to-understand format that you view on the Analytics Dashboard. The concept of the dashboard is similar to Google Analytics, but designed to be specific to the field of higher education. Here you can find out:
- What pages users have visited
- What programs users searched for
- Which programs are most popular overall and in specific fields
- How many users filled out a form to request more information
For visitors who do complete an information request, even more data is available, including:
- Educational background
- Average age
- Geographic location
- What type of information they are looking for (e.g., admissions requirements, tuition, etc.)
Collecting and reporting on this data allows you to:
- Gain insights into the needs and preferences of prospective students
- Identify opportunities for new program offerings or potential new student markets
- See where changes in your marketing strategy or messaging are needed
Visual Representation of Your Data
There is no need to comb through confusing spreadsheets–the data is represented in a dynamic graphic format of tables, charts, and graphs that are easy to read even for those without a background or experience in analytics. You can view some data in different ways: for example, to see where prospective students are located, you can either view a graph or a map.
You can choose different date ranges to view user data over time. For instance, you can look at data for a specific program over a six-month period, or data on all of your programs over a year. Ranku can also send a monthly report customized to partners’ needs.
You can also click on or hover over graphics to drill down and see more specific data.
Use Insights to Make Better Decisions
This ongoing data collection can provide insights that can guide your strategic planning regarding program offerings. For example,
- You may notice a demand for an online version of a campus program, or vice versa.
- Visitors may be seeking additional information on certain programs, suggesting you should update your content to include it.
- Demographic data can suggest new or revised messaging to speak to certain audiences.
- For university systems, popular programs at one institution may point to the possibility of offering similar programs at other system institutions to provide potential students with more options.
An Example of How Data Drives Decisions
Let’s say you are looking at the data on users who have requested information on your bachelor’s degree programs. Because the Analytics Dashboard tracks the educational background of these users, you will be able to see that the vast majority of them have either an associate’s degree or some college credits. This means these users already have a significant number of undergraduate credits, suggesting that your institution should consider accepting transfer credits to attract more students to these programs or offer more “bachelor completer” programs for this market.
Start Collecting Data Immediately
Once your Degree Marketplace is live, Ranku will immediately start collecting data on your web traffic. As time goes on and more data is collected, more data points will be added, which will provide you with even more information and insights.